Main page content begins here

Postponements and Withdrawals

Postponement Requests

A Postponement request must be in writing and must include reasons for the request. This request can be provided to the SDAB Office prior to the hearing or to the Board at the time of the hearing. If other parties are involved the Clerk will contact them for a written opinion with respect to the postponement request.

The decision to grant or deny a Postponement Request can only be made by the Board.

Rather than request a postponement you could have a representative attend the hearing on your behalf, or you can ask the Board to proceed with the hearing in your absence based on your written submissions.


An Appellant may withdraw their appeal at any time prior to the start of the hearing. If an appeal is withdrawn, there will be no hearing of the matter and no opportunity for other interested or affected parties to make submissions before the Board.

If you would like to withdraw your appeal you can make the request at or by emailing us at Appeal fees can only be refunded if the appeal is withdrawn before hearing notices are mailed.

The Applicant of the Development Permit may request cancellation of their development permit. If a Development Permit is cancelled, the SDAB hearing will also be cancelled as there is no Development Permit to be appealed.

For More Information

Subdivision and Development Appeal Board

Office of the City Clerk
Churchill Building
10019 - 103 Avenue
Edmonton, AB  T5J 0G9

Hours of Operation  
Monday to Friday
8:30am-noon and 1:00pm-4:00pm 

Please note the office will be closed over the lunch hour. 

Telephone 780-496-6079
Fax 780-577-3537
Map Google Maps

Copyright © 2024, Edmonton Tribunals.
All rights reserved.